Visit Batanes While You Are Still Single – Travelling becomes a lifestyle nowadays and majority preferred to travel in group. Somehow exploring new places with your group is enjoyable, but travelling solo at least while single is another experience for yourself.
I may not be a hardcore vagabond traveller, I am just sharing my 2-cents on going out of towns! I do not say that travelling with friends or in a group is a no-no and not fun anymore, but solo travelling while you are “single” is better. Why? I will enumerate reasons, I’d realized it after exploring Batanes.
Reasons on Why You Should Visit Batanes While You Are Still Single :
1.Security Is Assured When You’re In Batanes.
– Have no doubt for safetiness. If you’re single and alone, you will not be anxious and feared for your security. According to research in Sabtang Island, crime rate is not zero but almost! That’s good to know right?
2. Catharsis Can Be Practice And Let Nature Witness The Pain You Repressed, If There Is Any.
– Cliffs, hills and overlooking deep blue ocean of Batanes will not motivate you na tumalon at sisihin ang sarili kung bakit ka pa single or bakit ka iniwan. Rather it will help and make you realize “self awareness and sense of self” that you should possess first before loving someone. Know yourself better. Meditate. Then jump! JOKE lang bes!
3. Enjoy Independence And Freedom, Well At Least Just For Now.
– You may be able to prolong your stay and experience Batanes on your own pace. Only 3 islands of Batanes can be seen on the map, but there are more to explore. Enjoy and visit those group of islands while you can and meet other explorers. Also, walking in Naidi Hills, Vayang rolling hills and Racuh A Payaman/Marlboro County manifests freedom. Sing your heart out! Sabayan mo ng pagkanta ng “The Hills are alive with the sound of muuuuusic!!!”
Photo Credits: BeMyStrength Delobrino Flickr
4. Batanes Signifies Simplicity.
– Simplicity of its picturesque landscapes and beaches made Batanes unique. If you are single, simplicity is one of those traits that you need to practice and adapt. Some men don’t go for women who are complicated and will intimidate them inside and out. There should be this soft side of femininity that will make him realize that you needed him. Opinyon lamang, huwag magalit!
- Top Cavite Travel Recommendations Every Local and Foreign Tourist Should Consider
- Magnificent Things To Expect When Visiting Cuatros Islas Leyte Philippines – Tips, Guide, Review and etc.
- 5 Reasons On Why You Should Not Miss Island Hopping In Mactan When Visiting Cebu
5. No One Will Text You Or Call You Every Now And Then Asking Your Whereabouts!
– Mahina signal!!! So if you are single, you will not worry if you have missed on communicating with your special someone.
6. You Are Not Alone In Batanes.
– You will never feel that you are alone although you are single in Batanes. Locals are so charming and very approachable! Another thing, you may notice some cows that are alone but they are happy. They’re emphatizing as well. How do I say so? They’re just eating and happy nibbling alone. Ikain na lang daw bes!
7. Passing By Alapad Rock Formation Denotes Something.
– According to Kuya trycycle driver (my tour guide) these huge rock formation was man made. ”Nagpasabog daw ng bomba” so it would create an easier route to the Southest part of Batan. Nanahimik ang pinag isang bato, pinaghiwalay pa ng tao! I told you…(see #6)
8. However Alapad Hill, Fundacion Pacita, Churches and Naidi Hills / Lighthouse will Make You Hope And Dream Again.
– This is one of my favorite hill and ’stop over’ in Batanes. Kuya also mentioned that this was the location of the movie ”Hihintayin kita sa Langit” starring Richard Gomez and Dawn Zulueta. I will not deny that I was one of those who were entertain by cheesy thoughts of having someone. That will let me experience the ”I Dawn Zulueta mo ako” moment in Alapad Hill. The architectural beauty of old churches and lighthouse in Batanes definitely made me dream again that someday. I’ll go back and wed someone here. Ako na talaga ang magpo-propose!
9. Honesty Is One Of Those Ivatans Values.
– That’s why Honesty store exists. No one will cheat and Batanes says it all! Walang manloloko sa Batanes!
10. Batanes Is A Perfect Place To Unwind And Alleviate Stress.
– Since most of those single men and women are career oriented. Most of them are tedious and tense so some look for places that is far from the usual office set-up. However, if you an extrovert type who find temporary break on going out and clubbing to relieve stress, then go to Boracay and not in Batanes. Ganun kasimple bes!
Remember the movie , You’re my Boss? Toni Gonzaga is the epitome me of a career and strong woman and later fell in love with Coco Martin, a local of Sabtang. Her busy life in the city made her realized more of herself when she visited Batanes. The culture and values of Ivatan will also make you realized that there is more to life that you needed to discover.
It was a travel treat for myself and curiosity striked on ’solo travelling’. Since I haven’t done it when I was single and very seldom I see an individual travel solo.
I loved what I did however, the only thing I regret was the fact that I wasn’t able to stay longer. Because I left my son with my nanny and I fulfilled my dream and travelled solo. Just to lessen my guilt feeling, from my initial plan of almost a week stay, I did a 2D/2N stay. On the 3rd day, I flew back to Cavite. Indeed, a quick get away!
Visit Batanes while you are single! You will enjoy every #hugot and moment with nature! This is really far on the hustle and bustle life in the city. You’ll never know, you might meet your special someone out there! A stranger or he might be an Ivatan like Coco Martin or another solo single traveller like you.
Photo Credits: Omar Orate Flickr
Disclaimer. The featured photo used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of our reasons on why you should visit Batanes while you are still single? Make sure to put your comments below!
Latest posts by Aleli Vida (see all)
- 10 Reason On Why You Should Visit Batanes While You Are Still Single - August 28, 2016
- Magnificent Things To Expect When Visiting Cuatros Islas Leyte Philippines – Tips, Guide, Review and etc. - July 28, 2016
- Top Cavite Travel Recommendations Every Local and Foreign Tourist Should Consider - July 20, 2016