Must Visit National Parks in Finland – Earlier this week of October, reports from Daily Star UK headlining the Northern European nation. Bordering Norway, Sweden and Russia is the safest place we could ever be.
So Finland maybe far from you long list of travel destination, but this estimated 338,424 km2 land area still hopes to become one of your top picks for future exploration. With tons of beautiful places to visit in terms ski resorts, picture perfect churches and castles, museums, water-parks and etc. Perhaps you will never get bored once you visit the country.
To give you more reasons to book a flight in the country, we have gathered must visit national parks in Finland. Hopefully you’ll find this one informative, inspiring and most importantly worth sharing. Enjoy!
Must Visit National Parks In Finland For Travel Enthusiast Includes:
1. Koli National Park
– Specifically located in the municipalities of Lieksa, Kontiolahti, and Joensuu in North Karelia, Finland. The park covers estimated 30-35 sq. kilometres land area, that offers a marvelous view to the Lake Pielinen from the top of Ukko-Koli hill. Koli was declared a national park way back in 1991, for its pristine and captivating scenery perfect for great outings and outdoor get-away. For hotel reservations in Joensuu City we highly recommend the trusted Agoda for your vacation.
2. Nuuksio National Park
– Established in 1994, the national park reaches to the lakes and forest of Kirkkonummi, Espoo and Vihti with estimated 53 km² land area. The name of the park was said to obtain from the District of Espoo which is Nuuksio. You can easily reach the park by a public transportation (bus) from Helsinki and Espoo. For things to do in the site, a list of activities in Nuuksio National Park is given to us by National Parks Finland official website.
3. Oulanka National Park
– Listed in WorkInFinland official website as one of the best place to spot northern lights in Finland. Perhaps Oulanka is one of the best and visited park in the country for this breathtaking sight. The vast national park has estimated 270 square kilometres land area, located in the northern Ostrobothnia and Lapland regions of Finland. To be more guided if you visit the location, trusted and friendly TripAdvisor has suggested things to do in Oulanka National Park.
4. Lemmenjoki National Park
– The park was founded in 1956 located in the municipalities of Kittila, Inari and Lapland in the northern part of Finland. Lemmenjoki is one of the biggest national park in Finland and even in Europe with estimated land area of 2,800 – 3,000 square kilometres. According to the people who have been to park, the site is perfect for hiking as well as boat trip. To witness the great views along the legendary river of Lemmenjoki.
5. Repovesi National Park
– Situated in the western part of Kouvola-Mikkeli road (main road 15) according to our source National Parks Finland official website. Repovesi National Park is in the municipalities of Mäntyharju and Kouvala. Accessible either in private car, public transportation, by boat from the west via Lake Kapiavesi or Repovesi. The main attractions of the park is the Olhavanvuori hill, numerous observation towers, suspension bridges and the Kuutinlahti bay. Where you can experience water rafting and encounter wild animals like moose, Eurasian lynx, owls and etc. For hotel reservation in Kouvola City, we highly recommend the trusted Agoda for your vacation.
6. Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park
– Just like Oulanka National Park, Pallas-Yllästunturi is one of best place in Finland to spot the jaw-dropping northern lights. Located between the Fell-Lapland and Forest-Lapland municipalities of Muonio, Kittilä, Enontekiö, and Kolari. The hird-largest national park in Filand is Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park with more than 1000km2 land area established way back in 2005. For things to do in the park you can either enjoy hiking with natural trails, mountain biking, fishing, bird-watching, geocaching, canoeing and so much more.
Photo Credits: Owner
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of our list of must visit National Parks in Finland? Make sure to put your comments below!
Latest posts by yolomoment (see all)
- Cassie De Pecol Facts: Things You Need To Know About The First Woman To Travel Every Country On Earth - February 26, 2017
- 5 Madrid Spain Travel Photos That Will Make You Want To Visit The City Right Now - February 18, 2017
- Watch: This Epic Travel Video In Apo Island Negros Oriental Philippines - February 4, 2017