This post is made for everyone who are reading this post. This tackles about the importance of SEO and quality content. Then apply some SEO techniques on your website.
HAPPY FIRST BLOG ANNIVERSARY !!!
We have been blogging for a year now. Congrats to us for making this far. We are not really a writer but we are trying our best to improve our skills in content writing.
Also we have to commend there great support for being approachable and answering all our inqueries. What’s good about this is that we even ask him in our own dialect “Cebuano/ Bisaya.” We mean there are times that we can’t express our-self properly. There are times that we don’t have idea in terms of IT/SEO and technical side of blogging. So we highly recommend CoffeeMags especially for Pinoy bloggers who are just starting in blogging and planning to have their own domain . We are 100% sure you will appreciate there kind of service.
Going back. Since we migrated here in our new website we must admit that our statistics in terms of search engine is low. It’s because WordPress is an SEO friendly site and when we use free wordpress.com our blog is automatically visible in all search engines. So since we already have our own domain we really need to do hands-on in SEO side if we really want to achieve high Alexa rankings and high search engine rankings.
So Here’s our SEO Techniques we Always Practice:
Tip #1 : Outbound and Internal Linking
What is Outbound and Internal Links?
Basically outbound links are links pointing to other website while inbound links are links pointing to your own website or let’s just say links pointing to your previous post.
We have been practicing inbound link technique ever since we started my blog. Aside from it allows Google to index your site, it also allow your readers to read your previous post. And that means more bounce rate from your rankings and for your statistics. Google just love indexing our site especially if thousands of links are pointing to your site. But let me remind you that too much of inbound links with irrelevant and poor quality could affect your website.
Also outbound link is a must in every post. Some people might disagree with this but it’s all about proper use. Relevancy and and quality content is the most important thing to check in outbound links. To learn more about outbound links refer here: Importance of Outbound Links.
Tip #2 : The Dofollow & Nofollow Attributes
What is Dofollow and NoFollow?
– “Do-follow” means you allow search engines to crawl all your outbound links and this might affect your website rankings as well. Yes “do-follow affects our rankings and worst is Google might penalized our website if too much used and non relevant link are in our post. Of course we don’t want it to happen on us right? While.
– “No-follow” means the opposite of do follow. No boost in search engines rankings and no boost in page-rank. In other words you don’t allow search engines to crawl outbound links from your website. Some of you might ask is it really important? What if we will not practice this SEO techniques? I tell you our blog is like our health we only value it once we lost it. To know more about the use and important of this technique refer here: “Understand DoFollow & Nofollow Link: SEO Basics.”
So how to add “do follow ” and “no-follow” ?
VISUAL TAB – it is where we type and put our articles. What we see in visual tab is what we also see in our post.
TEXT TAB – it is the coding form of our articles. This is where we put out no-follow and do-follow tags.
So when you add a no-follow or do-follow link, go to text tab first. Then you only insert rel=”nofollow” right after the a and href of the link . Go back to click the visual tab and click again the text tab.
A normal link looks like this:
And once we add do-follow or no-follow tags it will look like this:
<a href=”http://theyolomoments.com/” rel=”nofollow”>THEYOLOMOMENTS</a>
Note: A link without a rel=”nofollow” is automatically a “dofollow” tag. So always pay attention to all your outbound links.
Tip #3 : Use of SEO Plugin
– We would discuss this next time. Stay tuned.To be continued. >>>>
For the part 1 of SEO techniques refer here: “Blogging Tips 101: Know Some SEO Techniques”
At the end of the day we must not rely on our SEO skills and knowledge to achieve high Google rankings. Quality content is still key for a successful website. Hopefully you’ll find our techniques helpful. Once again congrats to us for making this far. HAPPY 1st BLOG ANNIVERSARY !!!! MORE BLOG OPPORTUNITIES TO COME. 🙂
Latest posts by yolomoment (see all)
- 5 Interesting Facts About Belitung Island Indonesia - March 12, 2017
- These 6 New Zealand Travel Destination Photos Will Make You Want To Visit This Beautiful Country - March 12, 2017
- Iceland Blue Lagoon Travel Photos: These Magnificent Place Will Surely Be Added In Your Wanderlust List - March 3, 2017