Apo Island Negros Oriental Philippines – Summer is coming!! Now move over Kalanggaman in Leyte and Boracay Island in the province of Aklan. As we’re about to check out an epic travel video that we’re one hundred and one percent assure you. That once you finish watching it, you will surely make you want to visit the island right now!! See details below!!
Situated about 7-10 kilometers from the southeastern tip of the province and about 30-50 kilometers south from Dumaguete – Negros Oriental capital. Apo Island has been one of few underrated travel destination in the Philippines that still needs more to be promoted by local government. As it’s obviously the site has one of best crystal clear water and best dive spot in the country. But before we jump off to the video, it would be better if you will know a little information about the island.
So basically the “Apo” is derived from the Filipino word which means “grandchild. Situated in the province of Negros Oriental and considered as one of the smallest volcanic island in the country. With estimated land area of 70-75 hectares and about 700 population as per 2007 Wikipedia Census. The people in the island’s main source of income is fishing as well as from tourist who are visiting the island.
How To Get To Apo Island Negros Oriental Philippines:
– For foreign tourist, the safest way to get there is to book a flight via Manila, Philippines and then another direct flight going to Dumaguete (Sibulan) Airport. For local tourist, the easiest route to get to the island is also get a flight to Dumaguete (Sibulan) Airport. Upon the arrival at the airport, you will still at 25 – 45 minutes road trip (jeepney/van) going to Malatapay, Zamboangita (small coastal town in the south of the province). When you’re already at the town, there will be just boats to rent that will take you to Apo Island.
Alternate Route Going To Apo Island Negros Oriental Philippines
– From Cebu City just take a bus from South bus Terminal. Going to Liloan Port Santander with estimated time travel of 3 to 4 hours. And from the port, take a ferry bound to Dumaguete (30 – 45 minutes).
– From Negros Occidental – Just travel by bus going to Dumaguete with estimated time travel of 4 to 6 hours.
Watch: This Epic Travel Video In Apo Island Negros Oriental Philippines
Photo Credits: Owner
Disclaimer. The photos and video used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of the video in Apo Island Negros Oriental Philippines? Make sure to put your comments below!!
Latest posts by yolomoment (see all)
- 6 Fascinating Facts About Melissani Cave Greece - June 17, 2017
- Gastronomic Tourism: Top 8 Worlds Cities Best Cuisine - June 13, 2017
- Caño Cristales Facts: Get To Know About The River With Five Colors - June 4, 2017