2020 Best Travel Destination – A few weeks from now, we’ll be welcoming a fresh start of New Year. While some have already set their month and date for their vacation in the year 2020, some people are still on planning phase and still gathering up ideas for their travel get-away knowing that the world is filled with so many travel destinations making organizing a trip stressful.
Must Read: Marble Cave Facts: Chile’s Spectacular Natural Wonder You Need To Visit
And so if you’ve come here wondering where to go in 2020, then you’ve come to the right place as National Geographic has just unveiled their 2020 Best Travel Destination. Let’s get into it and start exploring our world.
2020 Best Travel Destination You Should Visit Next Year Includes:
* Parma Italy
– Famous for its outstanding architecture, music, art as well as its wine, prosciutto (ham), and cheese. The city of Parma in the northern Italian region of Emilia-Romagna is home to the one oldest university in the world founded in the 10th century. According to Wikipedia, the city was probably named and founded by Etruscans.
* Puebla, Mexico
– formally Heroica Puebla de Zaragoza and in colonial times as Puebla de los Ángeles. The city of Puebla also known in Spanish as Puebla de Zaragoza is rich in traditions involving art and food. Talavera pottery, mole poblano, chiles en nogada, and its historical and cultural value made the city famous and chosen as UNESCO World Heritage.
* Magdalen Islands, Canada
– See the beautiful but diminishing world of ice and the harp seals in Magdalen Islands as written on National Geographic website. The small archipelago of Magdalen in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence is administratively part of Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine region in the Canadian province of Quebec, as posted in Wikipedia. If you’re visiting the location, here are top things to do in Magdalen Islands.
* Abu Simbel, Egypt
– A village in the Egyptian part of Nubia, near the border with Sudan about 240 kilometers southwest of Aswan. Enjoy a private tour in the best known archaeological treasure site of Abu Simbel temples, which were built by King Ramses II. The great temple stands about 98 feet (30 meters) high and 115 feet (35 meters) long with the four seated at the entrance.
* National Blue Trail, Hungary
– Take a hike on the lesser-known, no fees and permits obtain and the first long-distance walking route not only in the country but in the whole continent of Europe. The name Blue Trail is said to be a reference to the marking of the path itself, a horizontal blue stripe between two white stripes. According to the latest GPS survey conducted in 2007, the total length of the trail is about 1128.2 (701 miles). For more details, see full National Blue Trail information here.
Must Read: Bosnia and Herzegovina Travel Destinations You Shouldn’t Miss
* Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
– Known for its old Turkish houses and old bridge also known as Mostar bridge or Stair Most which is a rebuilt 16th century Ottoman bridge in the city of Mostar. The bridge rebuilt in 2004 connects the two parts of the city crossing the river of Neretva or Narenta, one of the largest rivers of the eastern part of the Adriatic basin. The city of Mostar was said to be named after the bridge keepers (mostari) who in the medieval time guarded the bridge.
* Tasmania, Australia
– Situated about 240km (150mi) to the south of the Australia mainland, separated by the Bass Strait. Tasmania is an island state known for its fine cuisines especially high-quality cheeses, chocolate, wines and home to respective modern breweries such as Boags and Cascade. Here are top-rated tourist attractions in Tasmania if you may want to visit: Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Hobart, Freycinet National Park, Tasman National Park, Three Capes Track, Mount Field National Park, Richmond and so much more.
* Canary Islands, Spain
– Consists of seven main islands namely: Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, La Palma, La Gomera, El Hierro, Fuerteventura, and Tenerife. The archipelago of Canary according to Lonely Planet is known for its scenic landscapes, magnificent beaches, water activities, hiking, spas, wine and cheese, archaeology, art and architecture, history and much more.
Must Read: 4 Captivating Grand Canyon Photos You Don’t Want To Miss
* Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
– Witness the immense beauty of one of the world’s geological iconic wonder that dates back 1.8 billion years ago. The Grand Canyon in Arizona, United States celebrated its centennial in 2019 since its designation as a national park. The renowned site has been named as one of the best wonders of the world by various online travel sites and magazines.
* Tohoku, Japan
– Consists of six prefectures in the north of Japan’s largest island, Honshu namely: Akita, Aomori, Fukushima, Iwate, Miyagi, and Yamagata. Tohoku region is known for its natural resources, its mountains, hot springs, lakes, high-quality rice, and it’s rough winters. Some of Tohoku’s attractions are Lake Ogawara and Towada, Hirosaki, Ogawarako and Atago Park, Fudo Falls and etc.
Must Read: MALDIVES CHEAP ACCOMMODATION: Hotels, Hostels, Guest House, Lodges, Inns and more
– This small tropical country is not new being included in various online travel magazine’s must-visit travel destinations being named as one of the best islands and having the best beaches in the world. The Maldives situated in the Arabian Sea of the Indian Ocean, specifically southwest of Sri Lanka and India about 1,000 kilometers from the Asian continent. The Maldives is also known for its luxurious resorts offering water activities namely scuba diving, water-skiing, windsurfing, kiteboarding, snorkeling, fishing, etc.
For more information and a complete list, here’s the National Geographic list of best trips to take in 2020.
Must Read: 6 Fascinating Facts About Melissani Cave Greece
Featured Image Photo Credits: Unsplash Free Stock Photos- Ali Hegazy @alifouadhegazy
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of National Geographic 2020 Best Travel Destination? Make sure to put your comments below!