Laptop Screen Cleaning Tips – Having a dirty and dusty laptop is something to be ashamed for most people with this device. Agree? Simply because its becoming a common cleaning task yet as a laptop owner we still don’t have time to at least clean our gadgets even just once a week. But by simply following our easy laptop screen cleaning tips we might help you clean and maintain your precious device. Let’s get into it!
Easy Laptop Screen Cleaning Tips Includes:
1. Read the User Manual
– Reading the user manual in general is really important especially if were talking about the maintenance and cleaning to our appliances and gadgets. So before you start cleaning your laptop LCD. Make sure to read the user manual. Because your device might be one of the models that needs extra consideration in cleaning. Also by reading the manual there are tips and information that needs to be observed to avoid any laptop’s harming.
2. Shutdown and Disconnect Your Device to Power Source
– In cleaning our laptop’s LCD it is very essential to turn off and disconnect our device to power source. Why? Because we don’t want to result to any permanent damage and we also want to eliminate risk of electrical damage. (Better make it safe. Right?) If possible, remove the battery too.
3. Use a Microfiber Cloth
– In cleaning to anything LCD use a microfiber cloth. This piece of miracle cloth are good in removing dust, dirt and those fingerprint in your laptop. You just have gently wipe the screen and as much as possible use only 1 stroke for better result. If dirt still can’t remove put small amount of water into the cloth and wipe again the screen. Never directly wet the screen.
Note: For people who will be using chemicals in cleaning there laptop make sure to avoid any of these: Alcohol, acetone, toluene, ethyl acid, methyl chloride or any strong solvents.
4. Make Sure to Completely Dry the Screen Before Closing
– After wiping the screen with water or LCD cleaner. Let your device to completely dry before closing it to avoid any malfunction or damage. You can also use a new set of cloths to wipe again the screen after you air-dry the laptop. After that your device will be good as new!
Photo Credits: Pexels
What do you think of our laptop screen cleaning tips ? Make sure to put your comments below.
15 thoughts on “4 Easy Laptop Screen Cleaning Tips”
Thanks so much. I use microfiber cloth but that is about it! Thanks for all the tips because I definitely need this!
I used 3M microfiber cloth, it is a small piece of cloth that I can bring everywhere. I used it not only for screen laptop but also to clean my mobile phone and eyeglasses.
I clean my laptop regularly, because I’m clean freak, lol. Thanks for all the tips, I bought a microfiber cloth just for cleaning my screen as well, it’s really effective and it’s nice too.
Thank you for this tips. 🙂 Will try this today.
Everyone needs this article hehehe thanks for sharing!
I use microfiber cloth when it comes to cleaning my laptop. I agree on reading the manuals just to be extra safe. Thanks for helpful tips.:)
Helpful tips. I needed this for my new laptop.
Helpful tips! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the tips! I need this for my laptop! Right now, it’s got lots of dirt already! lol!
I wipe my laptop using cotton balls with alcohol. Gets the dirt out effectively so far. 😀
Thanks for sharing, I just used a piece of cloth to clean my monitor
Great tips! Microfibers are really great tools for cleaning sensitive things like glass, screens and other gadgets.
It would really be important to keep the laptop screen clear to prolong their life. This is a nice habit to keep the lcd safe.
thanx for this tips…I just sometimes hate when got a new gadget and cleaning directions are not included in the users manual
Thanks for the tips. I only use brush on cleaning my laptop.
Comments are closed.