Random Facts About Nalanda Mahavihara Archaeological Site India – Heritage sites from all over the world are getting acknowledge as popular travel destination these days. As most travel enthusiast are interested on what beauty they can witness with these ancient and medieval theme attraction.
In fact, popular huge travel website today has already posted their own travel recommendation. On where is the best sight, what to do, and how you can make the most if you happen to visit any of these site.
To name a few popular and worth visiting United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) location are Machu Picchu in Peru. The famous Padua Botanical Garden in Italy, Canadian Rocy Mountains in Canada, province of Ani in Turkey and so much more.
Those we mention above are just few heritage sites that gives travelers a glimpse of more beauty to be witness. If we just give them a little time to visit.
On the other hand, you may be interested to travel and know another UNESCO 2016 heritage site which is located in Asia. To get to know of these place, we have gathered random facts about Nalanda Mahavihara archaeological site India for your information and future reference. Hopefully you’ll find these again helpful and worth sharing! Enjoy!
Random Facts About Nalanda Mahavihara Archaeological Site India Includes:
1. Excavated archaeological remains of Nalanda Mahavihara was submitted as one of UNESCO heritage site in 2015. But it was in July 2016 when the ruins was inscribed as one of new Worlds Heritage Site.
2. The heritage site is located in the north-eastern part of India, 88 km away from Patna state capital of Bilhar. According to UNESCO, the remains of Nalanda Mahavihara is a scholastic and monastic institution in 3rd century BCE to the 13th century BCE. Comprising with shrines, stupas, viharas (residential and educational buildings) and art works made from stone, metal and stucco.
3. Nalanda Mahavihara stands out as the most ancient university of the Indian Subcontinent as it engaged in the organized transmission of knowledge over an uninterrupted period of 800 years. As of now it’s remains are manifestation of outstanding achievement in site-planning, art, as well as architectural designs build thousands of years ago.
4. As posted in the website of Press Information Bureau India, Nalanda was founded in 5th century CE by Kumargupta I of the Gupta dynasty.
5. The site was already destroyed three times by invader according to the records of Nalanda University. It’s first destruction was by Huns during the reign of Skandagupta (455–467 AD). The second attack was in 7th century by Guadas(1st restored by Buddhist King Harshavardhana). The third attack was by Muslim army led by the Turkish leader Bakhtiyar Khilji in 1193.
For more awesome tourist destination in the country, you can check out this amazing work from the best travel Blogger in India – Routeprints.
Photo Credits: Owner
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of facts About Nalanda Mahavihara Archaeological Site India? Make sure to put your comments below!