Island Hopping In Mactan When Visiting Cebu – According to Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAG-ASA), local government agency for weather forecasting. A beautiful summer in the Philippines has come to an end this year of the monkey 2016. Which means Filipinos should now expect rainy and shorten days, colder temperature and start of inevitable typhoons to approach in the country.
But for travel enthusiasts like us, weather has never been a hindrance to stop beach break and outdoor activity such as island hopping unless travel alerts and advisories is given by government for safety reasons. 🙂
We all had a great time when we did our island hopping in Mactan earlier this year. Now we highly recommend that when you visit Cebu you should not miss this amazing outdoor activity aside from other popular tourist attraction in the province.
Must Read: Travel Adventure: Osmeña Peak Traverse To Kawasan Falls
So whether you’ve been to Cebu or your just planning to have a summer vacation next year, we give you reasons on why you should not miss Island Hopping in Mactan when visiting Cebu. Enjoy!
Reasons on Why You Should Not Miss Island Hopping In Mactan When Visiting Cebu Includes:
1. Clean and Crystal Clear Water
– Most popular islands in the Philippines today like Kalanggaman in Leyte is said to be experiencing exploitation from tourist. Populating the area with plastics, cans, and other garbage’s which have been used by local and foreign tourist. In Mactan Island’s case, though thousands of people have already been to this place still you’ll be amazed of the cleanliness specifically in Nalusuan, Hiluntungan, Sulpa island and etc.
2. White Sand Bar
– In every travel enthusiast heart, white sand bar like Maldives is one thing that could complete their travel adventure. Agree? Go explore Mactan Islands and enjoy sunbathing and beach volleyball in Pandanon Island – where white pristine and quite powderly sand can be found. You can also choose other island where sand bar is present like Olanggo, Nalusuan, Caohagan and etc.
3. Great Snorkeling Experience Awaits You
– For people who enjoys snorkeling and diving, the island of Nalusuan is perfect destination for you. The island has been featured in local TV shows, documentary, travel and news website for its well preserved marine sanctuary. Aside from that you can enjoy other amenities and recreational activities of the island.
Nalusuan Island Resort Amenities:
|FACILITIES||SPORTS & RECREATION|
|· Souvenir Shop||· Diving & Snorkeling|
See full services in there official website: Nalusuan Island Resort and Marine Sanctuary
4. Less Crowded Unlike Other Popular Islands of Philippines
– We haven’t been to other province aside from Cebu so we don’t have any idea of how many people visit Boracay in a day, how many tourist enjoy the beaches in Bohol, and how many traveler explore Surigao. But the fact that we explored Mactan Island during weekdays is special cause it’s like we’re the only people enjoying the sand bar of Nalusuan.
What we mean is that who doesn’t want to stay a little longer when you’re in a beautiful island with only less people. That would be a paradise for others for sure. So when you plan an island hopping in Mactan we recommend to choose weekdays if you want less people just like what we had experienced.
5. Reasonable Price
– The more people you bring in this outdoor activity, the less you will be paying. In our case we’re only six which means we have divided the payment for the boat into six. If you want hassle free of reserving boats, you can contact the travel tours where we made our easy transaction.
Note: Entrance Fee for each island and updated prices for travel packages can be found on their Facebook Page: Galore Tours
Overall Island Hopping Experience in Mactan:
In our escapade we arrive late (7am – 5pm) in the Roro Parola in Cordova – where our boat is waiting. So we only got the chance to hop into two islands which is Hiluntungan and Nalusuan. Though we haven’t had much time to explore more islands of Mactan, still we all had a great time together. Hopefully more activities like this in the future.
- If you worry about meals in this activity, you can just hop to Nalusuan Island Restaurant for fresh seafood menus.
- If you bring your own food like fish and meat to be grilled, boatman will surely help you assist with it.
- Most island of Mactan has entrance fee so make sure to bring extra cash for each island you visit.
- Signal in most island is pretty decent so you can surely upload a photo in your social media.
- No ATM machines and department stores on the island.
Here’s a Video Summary Of Our Island Hopping In Mactan:
Feautured Image Credits: SvenMacoySchmid
Disclaimer. The featured image used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
If you have question about our whole experience. Make sure to put your comments below so we can reply ASAP.
3 thoughts on “5 Reasons On Why You Should Not Miss Island Hopping In Mactan When Visiting Cebu”
I was able to try this before and I can say that they really have fine beaches. Cebu really has it all from the city to beach to natural attractions and even a top view site.
Island hopping in Cebu sounds like the best idea, you can’t miss all that lovely sights! I really think it’s a great way to get to know the place and see what it has to offer as well.
That is awesome that you can bring your own food to grill. The pics are great, looks like a fun adventure.
Comments are closed.