Facts About Charles Kuonen Suspension Bridge – According to the reports of Al Jazeera official website, there are more than 600,000 bridges in the United States alone. These numbers of fascinating creation by human are just proof. That as the years go by we have managed to create and build an architectural objects that are cause of our creative imagination. Bridges that fills the spaces/gaps. Bridges that could connect people to their love ones. And bridges that makes human life easier and more productive.
On that note, the world’s longest suspension bridge has just opened in Switzerland. Inviting brave hikers/adventure seekers around the globe to cross the exhilarating bridge with about 86 meters high above the ground. To get to know more about this site, we have gathered awesome facts about Charles Kuonen Suspension Bridge you probably don’t know. Enjoy!
Awesome Facts About Charles Kuonen Suspension Bridge Includes:
1. Unveiled last July 29, the engineers from Swissrope and Lauber cableways replaces the old defunct bridge which was damaged by rock slide. And it only took them 10 weeks to to complete the whole bridge.
Must Read: 7 Fast Facts About Reykjavik City Iceland That Everyone Should Know
2. The Charles Kuonen Suspension Bridge is now the longest hanging pedestrian bridge in the world with its record breaking 494 meters (1621 feet) long. Connecting the municipality of Grächen and the renowned mountain resort town of Zermatt on the Europaweg foot trail. It surpasses the previous record of “Titan-RT” bridge in Germany with 450 meters (1475 feet).
3. As posted in Wikipedia, the bridge is a metal grated floor and has used 8.8 short tons and 7.9 long tons of cables, to prevent the bridge from swinging.
Must Read: 6 Fascinating Facts About Melissani Cave Greece
4. Crossing the bridge will take you around 10-20 minutes depending on how fast you will walk. Cutting down the popular route without the bridge with around 3-5 hours.
Must Read: San Miguel de Allende Mexico Facts: Things You Need To Know About This City
5. Charles Kuonen Suspension Bridge is situated in the Swiss Alps, near the village of Randa in Switzerland with about 1,600m to 2,200 above sea level. Allowing the hikers to witness the breathtaking view of Bernese Alps, Weisshorn and Matterhorn.
6. The longest pedestrian suspension bridge in Switzerland is named after the psychologist and winery co-owner – Charles Kuonen.
Must Read: Caño Cristales Facts: Get To Know About The River With Five Colors
Photo Credits: Owner
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of our facts about Charles Kuonen Suspension Bridge? Make sure to put your comments below!