Facts About Kapaa Hawaii – From its turquoise crystal clear water, magnificent beaches and waterfalls, serene islands, picture-perfect sky high palm trees, scenic landscapes and etc. The isolated volcanic archipelago U.S state of Hawaii is one of few places in earth that has been blessed with splendid natural sights. Making it as top travel summer destination every year by various travel and news magazines online like Lonely Planet, Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and so much more.
Comprising of hundred islands scattered over a thousand miles in central Pacific Ocean. The top surfing capital of the world has eight main islands namely: Hawaii Island (biggest), Niʻihau, Oʻahu, Lānaʻi, Kahoʻolawe, Molokaʻi, Maui and Kauaʻi. In which an unincorporated census-designated place of Kappa in Kauaʻi County was featured as rising tourist attraction by TripAdvisor. Continue reading below as we’re about to list down facts about Kapaa Hawaii before it will be flocked by hundreds and thousands of visitors this year. Enjoy!!
Facts About Kapaa Hawaii: An Under the Radar World Travel Destination:
1. With total area of about 10.0 sq mi (25.9 km2), the charming town of Kappa has only around 10,699 population as per Wikipedia 2010 census. Where its location in DMS is 22° 5′ 18″ N, 159° 20′ 16″ W (DD: 22.088333, -159.337778), lies in the ancient district of Puna at the base of Nounou (The Sleeping Giant) Mount in Kapaa Ahupuaʻa/ County.
2. The name of the town “Kapaa” which means “solid” in Hawaiian is also spelled as “Kapa’a.
3. Kapaa is listed as number #7 of Travel and Leisure’s World’s Best Island in 2017, beating off other popular travel destination like Bali in Indonesia, Hvar and the Dalmatian Islands in Croatia and Ischia in Italy.
4. Even with the under the radar status or the destination in the rise status of the island. The town has already numerous number of great hotels, shopping centers and shops, restaurants and outdoor activities where local/foreign tourist will surely enjoy.
5. Visiting the island doesn’t mean you need to break your bank or entire savings. As there are just affordable and reasonable places to stay, dine and activities to enjoy in the town. Top places to see are Sleeping Giant Trail, Kauai Path, Kauai’s Hindu Monastery, Ho’opi’i Falls, Keālia Beach. As well as bike, photography and wildlife tours, snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, surfing and so much more. For booking cheap hotels/accommodation in the island: AGODA OFFERS | BOOKING OFFERS
6. The lush, relatively accessible tropical jungle setting of Kauaʻi island provided a backdrop in the the “Jurassic Park” movie series. Particularly at South (National Tropical Botanical Garden), North Shore (Napali Coast), West (Olokele Canyon and Manawaiopuna Falls), Kualoa Ranch on Windward Oahu, East Side (the Wailua River watershed) and etc. But take note most of these sites are inaccessible except by having tourist guide.
Featured Image Photo Credits: Pixabay Free Stock Photos
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of our facts about Kapaa Hawaii? Make sure to put your comments below!