Most Searched Travel Destination – A month and few days from now and we’re about to face the second half of the year. Some had already enough at beach, getting a perfect tan. Some had already enjoyed their family/group outings. And most likely some are still looking and planning where to spend their holiday getaway before the year ends.
If you’re one of those people or probably know someone that are still looking for a great place to treat yourself/family. Then considering checking out 2017 World’s Most Searched Travel Destination by Airbnb and Pinterest. Both already a household name, teamed up to determine the most desired and well-liked tourist destination across the globe.
In an article posted in Business Insider official website, Pinterest’s travel related searches increases about 37 percent since December last year. While in Airbnb an online budget friendly travel marketplace,a scorching high of 300 percent travel searches had been recorded since the beginning of the year. Some sites that made it to the list are already familiar to many. Yet some especially the number one might surprise you. See full list below to get to know of 2017 2017 most searched travel destination in the world. Enjoy!!
Midyear Travel Trends: 2017 Most Searched Travel Destination In The World
10. Barcelona, Spain
– Coming in at number 10, Barcelona offers tourist the greatest sights in terms of architecture. As tons of well-known museums, churches, archaeological sites, parks and etc. surrounding the huge city. Splendid beaches facing the vast Mediterranean Sea is also the thing you should expect as it is said to be just 15-25 minutes’ walk from La Rambla. Moreover, you can also explore the streets of Barcelona and enjoy watching human statues and performers just along street. Or you could just enjoy food trip and taste authentic delectable cuisines and delicacy.
9. Santorini, Greece
– This southeastern European country with thousands of islands in Ionian and Aegean seas. Has always been listed as one of best and most favorite world travel destination almost every year. With it’s undoubtedly picturesque infrastructure and architectural monuments, museums and more. Breathtaking views of coastlines and dockyards as well as unspoiled island and beaches that every aspiring traveler dreamed off. No one would definitely say “no” if given a chance to visit this amazing country.
8. New York City, US
– Widely known for the most popular and major street intersection in the world – Time Square, Manhattan. There’s more than that you should anticipate when visiting New York City. You can choose to visit the famous Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Empire State Building, and The Brooklyn Bridge. Or you can get closer and take a photo of the Statue of Liberty, visit the Central Park and American Museum of Natural History.
7. Bora Bora, Polynesia
– Listed in TripAdvisor’s 2017 Top World Travel Destination, as well as couple’s favorite destination to spend their honeymoon alongside with Maldives. The secluded island of Bora-Bora is not just for lovers. Butalso for people looking for complete upwind unwind experience and most definitely forbeach lover’s. Known for its turquoise crystal clear lagoons, white and pristine sandbar and home to tons of different marine specifies. This top tourist destination in Society Island of French Polynesia might be a pricey for most of us but it’s definitely worth a visit.
6. Kyoto, Japan
– Formerly known as the Imperial capital of Japan for more than a millennium now. Kyoto is a perfect place if you want to experience the Japanese traditional living. You can also visit its famous and picture perfect imperial palaces, Shinto shrines, Buddhist temples, castles, museums and classic houses that has built a long time ago.
5. Reykjavik, Iceland
– Since January, this Nordic island country in the North Atlantic Ocean has already become one of the most search travel destination with about 365% increase. Now if you visit the the country, you shouldn’t miss the following: the largest church of Iceland – Hallgrimskirkja church, experience a scenic adventure on a helicopter ride. Check out the flea market and delectable local cuisine, as well as the nightlife of the city. And most importantly do not miss to witness the once in a lifetime magical outdoor play, the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights).
4. Scottish Highlands, Scotland
– Just like Iceland, this country had rose its travel searches drastically with about 430% compare last year. Beating off some of early travel destination favorites like Spain, Greece, Bora-Bora, Japan, Iceland and etc. With its majestic mountains, jaw-dropping landscapes, mysterious lochs, great architectures and so much more. Scotland is undeniably one of the best place for millennials and gen x to explore.
3. Courchevel, France
– Think about their mouthwatering cuisines, the French fashion, the great Eiffel Tower, the Georges Pompidou Center, Cathedral of Notre Dame, their infrastructure in general. This country has been listed anywhere as the best place to travel in the world regardless of any occasions. But Courchevel on the other hand, should be on your travel list when visiting the country. Popular as one of the largest linked ski area in the world, this place is perfect if you want to experience and enjoy snowmobiling, snowboarding and other winter activities.
2. Tenerife, Canary Islands
-If this is your first time hearing this beautiful, place, then you probably need to do some quick research and assess if Tenerife is the next destination you should visit anytime soon. From its southern resorts with white sandy beaches, tropical forest for nature lovers, museums, temples, colonial towns. Above all is the famous Pico del Teide, Spain’s tallest mountain were tourist will surely be at awe of the breathtaking view during sunrise. For more things to do of the island, EscapeHere official website has list down: 10 Things To See And Do On Your Trip To Tenerife
1. Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
– Beating off the places you’ve been lusting to visit, is an Egyptian resort situated between the desert of Red Sea and Sinai Peninsula. What makes the resort own popular is its warm and crystal clear waters perfect for people who are into diving. Also just like Boracay, Philippines there’s a lot of water activities you can enjoy like snorkeling, para-sailing, kite-surfing, boating and more.
Photo Credits: Owner
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of Pinterest and Airbnb list of most searched travel destination ? Make sure to put your comments below!