Beautiful Black Sand Beaches – Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say. It cannot be judged objectively as one person finds it beautiful and alluring while another find it the opposite. One may find a climbing a mountain and reach the peak can make a person at peace while others may find the beach is the best way to find peace of mind. One of your friends find this tourist-magnet city vibrant and beautiful she visited while when you visit it personally you see it as chaotic and overrated.
The same thing with white sand beach, though its one of the best thing we have on earth one may find it ordinary. Then there are exotic beautiful black sand beaches like Reynisfjara Beach where it can only be found in certain parts of the world. Check out below for some of the world’s most beautiful black sand beaches you might want to visit in the future. Let’s get into it!
World’s Most Beautiful Black Sand Beaches You Wish You Could Visit Right Now Includes:
* Kaimu, Hawaii
– A small town in the Puna District on the Island of most recent state and the 50th to join the United States – Hawaii. The world-famous black sand beach bay of Kaimu – which in Hawaiian kai mū means “gathering [at the] sea” as to watch surfing.
* Black sand beach, California
– Though it’s not ideal for swimming and sunbathing, the five-hour drive from Sacramento to the only black sand beach in the continental United States is a definitely worth exploring. The unusual black sand that covers the beach, as well as the waves, makes the place picture-perfect and relaxing.
* Karekare Beach, New Zealand
– About 35 kilometers (22 mi) west of Auckland city centre, south of the larger beach of Piha. Karekare is a small yet popular travel destination coastal settlement in northern New Zealand famous for its black sand beaches, waterfalls, and scenic views.
* Miho Beach: Shimizu, Japan
– Situated in Miho Shimizu-ku Shizuoka City, The long strip of black volcanic sand of Miho Beach according to Japan-Experience official website is one of those places full of the charms of the country – The Majestic Mount Fuji in the background, ancient legends, Noh Theatre and much more.
* Reynisfjara Beach, Iceland (of-course*)
-Situated on the southern coast of the country about 180 km from country’s capital – Reykjavik, beside the fishing village of Vík í Mýrdal (Vik). Reynisfjara is an unusual beach in Iceland famous for its black color sand even named by various news and travel website online as one of the most unique and gorgeous beaches in the world. More interesting facts about the beach here: Reynisfjara Beach Iceland Facts
These five beautiful black sand beaches we’ve listed above is just few of the world’s underrated travel destination that from overtime intrigue travelers with their beauty and mystery. But so you know most widespread type of black sand beach is compose of lava fragments, erosion of volcanic minerals and dark-colored rocks after it flown in the ocean then tide to the shore. So what are you waiting for? Ditch the typical white sand beach and try something new!
Featured Image Photo Credits: Unsplash Free Stock Photos – Brian Ward @incorrigible
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of our list of beautiful black sand beaches? Make sure to put your comments below!