Tulum Mexico Facts – Traveling to a new place we’ve never been before either just for our business trip, personal or family vacation at least once or twice a year is good for a lot of things to us. According to an article from Huffington Post, a person who regularly travels are happier than ever. Getting much of their time for themselves detoxing from social media and getting away from their busy and hectic everyday life at work. Also primarily building any traveler’s self-confidence by being independent to a lot of new experience forcing them to step-out from their comfort zone.
They conducted a survey and collected answers submitted by over 100,000 millennials on their Instagram followers, to the question: “If you could go anywhere on earth, where would it be?” So let’s get to know about the #1 ranked destination, as we’ve gathered Tulum Mexico facts, you’ve probably didn’t know.
Tulum Mexico Facts: Top Travel Destination According to Millennials Includes:
1. Tulum is one of the rarest walled city in the world that was built, lastly inhabited and flourished by the Mayans between the 13th to 15th centuries ago. 70 years after it starts fading when Spanish army started conquering the country of Mexico. The site has been inhabited as early as the 6th century.
2. Tulum was previously known as Zama which means City of Dawn before its current name today which means trench or fence in Mayan.
3. Its ruins found in the city is one of the well-known archaeology sites in the world. Specifically located about 100 miles (62 km) to the south of Playa Del Carmen and about 80 miles (128 km) from Cancun situated on 12 meter tall cliffs facing the Caribbean Sea. To get to know more about Tulum ruins refer here: Things To Know About Tulum Ruins.
BOOK HOTELS HERE VIA: AGODA | BOOKING.COM
4. Located in Mexican state of Quintana Roo, the town of Tulum has been a popular tourist destination in recent years. Known not just for its ruins of the ancient Mayan city but also for its white sandy beach and famed stretches of coastline.
5. Tulum Mexico is one of the most visited tourist destination in the country and the most visited spot in the state of Quintana Roo. Attractions /Things to do that you shouldn’t miss namely: the vividly blue waters of Gran Cenote, Parque Nacional de Tulum, Tulum – El Castillo, Paradise beach, Turtles of Akumal, bar and restaurant hopping, Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve, Mayan and Cobá ruins.
Featured Image Photo Credits: Unsplash Free Stock Photos – @thebrownspy
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of our Tulum Mexico facts? Make sure to put your comments below!