Amazing Forest Travel Destination – When you ask your friends, colleagues or even ask random people about their bucket list of places they want to visit. Surely about eighty percent of them would mention ordinary and tourist magnet cities and countries like Brazil, Mexico, Paris, London, Dubai, Thailand, Indonesia and much more.
Sure, there is nothing wrong about visiting these beautiful nations and its attractions. But on the other hand, the planet where we’re living has more wonders just to limit ourselves in urban landscapes. So we’ve come up with a list of amazing forest travel destination you should at least visit any of these places once if your lifetime. Let’s get into it!
10 World’s Amazing Forest Travel Destination You Should Definitely Visit Includes:
– Known for its Dragon Blood trees or “Dracaena Cinnabari” an endemic umbrella-like or mushroom-like shape that produces a red sap. The Dragon’s Blood Forest in Yemen is one of the most alien-like places on earth and one of the most unusual forests in the world. To get to know more about the island here’s our list of Interesting Socotra island Facts you probably didn’t know about.
– Earth’s largest rainforest which covers most of the Amazon basin of South America. According to Wikipedia, Amazon comprises the largest and most bio-diverse rainforest in the world. With about total area of 5,500,000 km2 (2,100,000 sq mi) with estimated 390 billion trees divided into 16,000 species as well as 2.5 million insect species, 2, 000 birds and mammals, amphibians, reptiles and more.
– The mesmerizing fairytale-like forest in Belgium covers an area of about 55 hectares (1,360), specifically situated in the municipality of Halle, Flemish Brabant. The Hallerbos forest also known as “blue forest” is known for its beautiful bluebell flowers which looks like a floor carpet in the forest. The Hyacinthoides non-scripta or the common bluebell is usually found in the Atlantic areas from north-western Spain to the British Isles.
– A large forested mountain range in the southwest of Germany state of Baden-Württemberg. The highest peak according to Wikipedia is the Feldberg with an estimated elevation of 1,493 (4,898 ft). The name the Black Forest said to come from the generally dark color of the numerous pine trees in the region. The Black Forest in Germany is also known for its cuckoo clocks.
– Situated near the western coast of Madagascar in Melaky Region, the UNESCO World Heritage site of Tsingy de Bemaraha was listed in 1990 for its preserved mangrove forest, unique geography, several endemic species including 11 lemur species, wild birds and lowland red forest rat. According to Wikipedia, the word “Tsingy” is derived from the local word which means “the place where one cannot walk barefoot.” For its needle-shaped limestone formations above cliffs of Manambolo River.
– Listed as one of the best and underrated things to do in Japan by ThisIsInsider, The Sagano Bamboo forest is one of the most unique and visually forest in the world and just a few Instagram-worthy places in the country. The natural tranquil forest in Arashiyama Kyoto Japan consists of several pathways for visitors and tourist. Sagano Bamboo forest is one of the country’s “100 Soundscapes of Japan” declared by the Japanese government.
– Situated outside Nowe Czarnowo near the town of Gryfino, West Pomerania Poland. The oddly-shaped pine trees are strange as it looks but it said that approximately 100 were planted around the 1930s and currently more than 400 pine trees bend 90-degree at their base. It is believed that some form of human technique or tool was used to make these trees crooked. .
– The Otzarreta Forest is part of the protected area of Gorbea National Park between the provinces of Vizcaya and Alava in the Basque Country. Otzarreta is listed as one of the most beautiful forests in Europe, best visited in fall when all the leaves have fallen off from its trees and will carpet the forest in a magical brown color.
– Far up in the northwest of the country, lies the Yili Kazak Autonomous Prefecture – Tuergen Township, Xinyuan Countr. Where thousands of local and foreign tourist every year for its breathtaking natural scenery. Best time to visit and witness the valley in bloom is in April when apricot trees blossom with whimsical pink flowers.
– A national park and nature reserve situated north of Sichuan province, southwestern region of the country. Jiuzhaigou Valley has been declared as both UNESCO world biosphere reserve in 1997 and world heritage site in 1992. The Jiuzhaigou is known for its colorful crystal clear lakes, snow-capped peaks, rich forest, endangered animals and plants.
Featured Image Photo Credits: Pixabay Free Stock Photos – thomaswolter-92511
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of our list of amazing forest travel destination in the world? Make sure to put your comments below!