World’s Most Beautiful Natural Bridges – In the world of engineering and architecture, bridges are structures designed and built to allow us to safely pass over the gap of a body of water, valley, or a road. But over the years of developments, enhancement, the advancement of technologies and equipment that we have now since the Iron Bridge which was the first major bridge in the world. Bridges are more than just the reason why they are built, they are also built into stunning designs, making them a tourist spot and famous landmark of the country.
Must Read: 5 Interesting Facts About Hill of Crosses
As for our planet, there are so many amazing places and natural bridges worth adding to your travel list. So here we have gathered the world’s most beautiful natural bridges you might want to visit in the future.
World’s Most Beautiful Natural Bridges You Should Visit Includes:
* The Green Bridge
– Located in Castlemartin Training Area in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park at Castlemartin, Pembrokeshire, Wales. The natural arch of the Green Bridge is a popular tourist attraction of the country that was formed from a very thick layer of Carboniferous Limestone with a span of about 20m and a height of 24m (80 ft).
* Moon Hill
– Moon Hill is part of the Gullin Mountains situated few kilometers south of Yangshuo across Jingbao river in the country of China. The world-renowned natural formed arch of Moon Hill has an elevation of about 380 meters (1,250 ft) that offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the surrounding to tourists.
Must Read: Marble Cave Facts: Chile’s Spectacular Natural Wonder You Need To Visit
* Durdle Door
– A magnificent natural limestone arch of approximately 140 million years old situated in the World Heritage Site of Jurassic Coast on the English Channel coast near Lulworth in Dorset of southern England. The Durdle Door is privately owned by the Welds family and is said to derive from an Old English word “thirl” which means drill or bore.
* Natural Bridges National Monument
– Located about 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Four Corners boundary of southeast Utah in the western United States. The site has been declared a national monument in 1908 with three natural bridges in the park namely: Sipapu, Kachina, and Owachomo.
Must Read: Cliff Of Moher Facts: Ireland’s Panoramic Tourist Destination You Need to Visit
* The Pont d’Arc Bridge
– Located in the Ardèche in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, about 5 km from the city of Vallon-Pont-d’Arc of Southeastern France. The amazingly large natural bridge of The Pont d’Arc spans about 59 meters (194 ft) and about 34 meters (112 ft) high. The site is very popular with tourists for swimming, kayaking, and canoeing because they can enjoy a magnificent view of the bridge.
* Pravčická Brána
– Situated in the picturesque region in the north-western of Czech Switzerland or Bohemian Switzerland in the Czech Republic. Pravčická Brána spans about 26.5 meters and is considered the largest natural sandstone arch in the continent of Europe. Several landscape scenes of the movie Chronicles of Narnia were filmed here.
Must Read: Interesting Facts About Oymyakon Russia: Earth’s One Of Coldest Place
Featured Image Photo Credits: Pravčická Brána Flickr
Disclaimer. The photos used above are not ours. For DMCA removal simply shoot us an email using our Contact Page.
What do you think of our list of World’s Most Beautiful Natural Bridges? Did we miss something you have in mind? Make sure to put your comments below!